Seniors Health and Wellness Village at Peel Manor
In Fall 2019, we started building a new Seniors Health and Wellness Village facility at Peel Manor.
The new Peel Manor will feature a:
- Long-term care centre
- Service hub for seniors
- Adult Day Services program
Peel Manor has served the community since 1898. What began as a house of refuge, became a long-term care home for 177 people. The current building also hosts Adult Day Services and Meals on Wheels serving Brampton.
Email Seniors Village if you have questions or feedback about the Seniors Health and Wellness Village at Peel Manor project.
Access our FAQs: staff, residents, and families.
- Construction progresses on the Seniors Health and Wellness Village.
- The Murray Street Neighbourhood Park reopened to the community on October 31, 2020. The Region of Peel and City of Brampton partnered to create a more engaging space for our community to enjoy.
- New features include a more accessible playground for juniors and seniors, places to sit, a covered shade structure, more trees and shrubs, walking paths, and lighting for better safety.
- Returning this park to our neighbours was a priority. We’re pleased it can be enjoyed by the community when it's safe to do so.
- Although substantial progress has been made on construction, the work has experienced delays due to the pandemic and other factors. We’re now projecting that we’ll be able to move our Peel Manor long term care residents into the new building this fall. Further delays are possible and we’ll share an update when it becomes available.
The Seniors Health and Wellness Village at Peel Manor:
- Is the heart of a vibrant, thriving neighbourhood.
- Enhances the quality of life of those who live and work in the Village, and the surrounding community.
- Supports the wellbeing of those who live and work in the Village, and the surrounding community.
The new Peel Manor will be built beside the current building. This will allow people living in Peel Manor to move only once, instead of having to move to a temporary home. Once the new building is complete, the current one will be replaced by a new community park.
The new Peel Manor will include:
- A long-term care centre that will be home to 177 people. It will be designed to provide the best possible care and quality of life for those living in it. The centre will use best practices to support people living with dementia, in addition to the Region of Peel’s exceptional clinical care model.
- A service hub with health, social, and community services. The services will be for those living in the building and our neighbours. The hub will include an integrated care centre and overnight respite care units. It will also include an Adult Day Services program for 90 participants. This program will give people with specific care needs a chance to make new friends and take part in stimulating activities.
These are conceptual images and are subject to change.
- Site plan
- Building exterior from northeast
- Building exterior from south
- Main floor
- Long-term care floor
Note: these are conceptual images and may change.
Over the past 4 years we've reached out to people who live in, work at, or visit Peel Manor, along with our neighbours. We’ve done this through meet ups, information sessions, mailings, and door-to-door chats.
Our goal is to ensure the Seniors Health and Wellness Village at Peel Manor remains a valued part of the community.
The final design reflects your voice. We’ll continue to reach out during construction and program planning.