Important signs to watch for if you are pregnant
- Bad cramps or stomach pains that don't go away
- Bleeding or a trickle or gush of fluid from your vagina
- Lower back pain/pressure or change in lower back pain
- A feeling that the baby is pushing down
- Contractions or change in the strength or number of them
- An increase in the amount of vaginal discharge
- Fever, chills, dizziness, vomiting or a bad headache
- Blurry vision or spots before your eyes
- Sudden or severe swelling of your feet, hand or face
- A significant change in your baby's movements
Go to a hospital right away and contact your doctor/midwife if you have any of these symptoms!
Adapted with permission from:
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre
Free Pregnancy Programs and Classes
Peel Public Health offers a variety of free prenatal programs to meet the needs of the residents of Peel. All of these programs are facilitated by a Public Health Nurse. All locations offer free parking.
Choose from the following to meet your individual needs:
Call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 for more information about all of our prenatal programs.