Our children are the future. We must do everything we can to protect them in everyday life. Learn how to keep your child safe with these infant safety tips.
Get answers to questions on:
Infant Safety Tips
There are many things you can do to create a safe place for your baby to play and learn. Here are some tips to help keep your baby safe:
- Never leave your baby alone except in a crib or a playpen.
- Do not prop a bottle in your baby’s mouth.
- Keep small objects out of your baby's reach.
- Do not put a pacifier string or necklace around your baby's neck.
- Test your baby's bathwater - it should feel warm, not hot.
- Turn your hot water heater temperature down to 48°C (120°F). Your tap water should not be hotter than 43°C (110°F).
- Never hold your baby when smoking, drinking something hot, or cooking.
- Make sure that you have smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors with charged batteries and a fire extinguisher that works.