Become an Early Childhood Educator
Free or reduced tuition is available to get your diploma and build a rewarding career.
Early Childhood Educators (ECE) play an important role in helping to create a high-quality early learning and child care system that is inclusive for all families.
What an Early Childhood Educator does:
- Designs child-centred, play-based learning.
- Enhances child and family well-being.
- Builds caring relationships with children, families, and communities.
- Creates safe, engaging, and inclusive learning spaces.
This is an exciting time to become an ECE because as we put into place lower fees for child care for families, we expect that more families will access these services. A growing child care system needs a growing skilled workforce. If you're interested in earning an ECE diploma, financial help is available.
January 2023 start date
12 month diploma programs
Fully funded program
16-month diploma programs
Grants of up to $4,000
If you have questions about eligible programs, admissions, and program requirements you can contact:
- Centennial College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Durham College: email@example.com
- George Brown College firstname.lastname@example.org
- Humber College: email@example.com
- Seneca College : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheridan College: email@example.com
- Mothercraft College of Early Childhood Education: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-483-0511 ext. 100.
This opportunity is funded in partnership with the City of Toronto, The Region of Peel, The Region of Durham, The Region of Halton, the Province of Ontario, and the Government of Canada under the new Canada-Ontario Early Childhood Workforce Agreement, which provides one-time federal funding to support the retention and recruitment of a high-quality child care and early years workforce.
If you are already working in a child care or early years setting, you may qualify for the provincial Qualifications Upgrade Program.
The program provides financial help to individuals who work in child care and early years settings to get an ECE diploma and become eligible to apply for membership with the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE). Learn more about how to upgrade your qualifications.