Celebrating National Public Works Week
Let’s show our appreciation for Public Works employees.
National Public Works Week is from May 21 to May 27, 2023.
This yearly observance recognizes Public Works employees’ hard work in connecting the world through essential public works services.
Peel’s Public Works employees operate at the heart of Peel’s community, continually planning, building, managing, and operating to support residents and businesses.
In 2022, Peel Region:
- Maintained 1,700 km of regional roads.
- Managed 570,000 tonnes of waste.
- Inspected 15,000 hydrants.
- Inspected 475 km of sewer mains.
- Maintaining the state of good repair of $36B of infrastructure.
- Provided 700,000 TransHelp trips to Peel residents.
How to show your support
During National Public Works Week, show your appreciation and support for Public Works employees by mentioning them on your social channels.
Use the hashtag #NPWW and chose any of the following images:
- Facebook image – 820 x 312 (jpg)
- Facebook image – 1200 x 630 (jpg)
- Instagram image – 1080 x 1080 (jpg)
- LinkedIn image – 1200 x 637 (jpg)
- Twitter image – 1500 x 500 (jpg)
A big thank you to Peel’s Public Works team!
Testing Peel’s wastewater for COVID-19