Keep your smile happy and healthy for life
What you can do to take care of your oral health.
Good oral health is essential to overall health and quality of life. It allows us to speak, smile, and eat, which helps us feel physically and mentally well.
Having good oral health practices will help to promote your health and the health of your smile. This includes:
- Eating a variety of healthy foods and switching sugary drinks to water to help reduce the risk of cavities.
- Brushing your teeth at least 2 times a day for 2 minutes each time and flossing every day.
- Visiting a dental professional regularly.
It’s never too early for children to learn good oral health habits.
The following programs and services can support children’s oral health:
- Free dental screening is provided for children in select grades in Peel elementary schools. A dental screening can help identify children who may need dental care.
- If you cannot afford dental care for your child, your child may be eligible for free dental services through the Healthy Smiles Ontario program.
- If you have children under the age of 12, you may be eligible to receive the Canada Dental Benefit.