Get back to waste basics
When you’re ready to throw away waste, do you know where it goes?
Let’s get back to waste basics!
Check before you toss
In Peel, residents can recycle waste or toss it into the garbage.
Sorting waste into the right bin is the first and important step in ensuring that your garbage, recycling, and organics are properly collected.
Throughout September, Peel residents with curbside collection will receive a brochure in the mail about waste pickup essentials.
Keep this convenient brochure around at home to help you put items into the right bin.
Prepare for pickup
Once your waste is properly sorted at home, get it ready for collection:
- Put your bins out on the curb by 7 a.m.
- Ensure lock on green bin is in the vertical position.
- Close the lids on all bins to avoid spills.
- Position bin handles towards your home.
- Space out bins an arm’s length apart.
Practice these waste preparation basics each week. If you’re not sure where a waste item goes, check the waste sorter.