Resident Trust and Confidence in the Region
Area of Focus: Leading
Average Trust and Confidence Rating in the Region of Peel, 2008-2015
Source: Region of Peel External Client Satisfaction Survey, 2008-2015.
Why is this important?
- The Region of Peel's job is to provide the best quality service to our residents.
- High trust and confidence ratings from our residents is a key indicator that we are serving them well and are acting in their best interests.
How is this measured?
- Every two years, an External Client Satisfaction Survey questionnaire is administered to a random sample of the general population, business managers or owners, and direct users of Human and Health Services.
- The questionnaires are available online, by telephone, and in a paper format.
- The trust and confidence score reflects responses to questions about satisfaction with interactions with Peel staff, the service experience, method of contacting Peel, and quality of life.
What progress are we making?
- Our ratings have been relatively stable, but the trend shows a slight decrease over the past eight years, peaking in 2009.
- This trend is consistent with the general decline in trust in government nationally and internationally.
- Top priority focus areas for Peel include:
- Delivering services efficiently and effectively;
- Customer service quality; and
- Providing service delivery channels that improve the experience for our residents.