The water distribution system carries water from the treatment facility to your tap.
The South Peel Drinking Water System, which services residents in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and parts of the Town of Caledon, has a distribution system with 13 reservoirs, four elevated tanks and two stand pipes.
There are four well-based municipal drinking water systems in Caledon with their distribution systems collectively having five reservoirs and two standpipes.
The Region of Peel operates and maintains:
- 4,775 kilometres of watermain
- 28,054 fire hydrants
- 45,129 mainline valves
- 325,008 water services
Some of the maintenance activities we perform are:
- watermain break repairs
- hydrant preventative maintenance and repairs
- valve preventative maintenance and repairs
- water service line installation/replacement/repairs
- customer service calls (water quality/quantity, turn off/on, pressure testing, etc.)
Follow Public Works on Twitter at twitter.com/peelpublicworks