Heavy truck restrictions in Bolton
Highway 50 and King Street truck restriction
Heavy trucks have been restricted in Bolton on portions of Highway 50/Queen Street (Regional Road 50) and King Street (Regional Road 9).
Extent of heavy truck restriction:
- Highway 50/Queen Street (Regional Road 50). From Emil Kolb Parkway to Healey Road
- King Street (Regional Road 9). From Coleraine Drive to Albion Vaughan Road
The heavy truck restrictions are effective as of November 30, 2015.
Heavy trucks are encouraged to use the following routes to bypass the downtown Bolton core.
Downtown bypass routes:
- Northbound – Mayfield Road to Coleraine Drive to Emil Kolb Parkway
- Southbound – Emil Kolb Parkway to Coleraine Drive to Mayfield Road
- Eastbound – Coleraine Drive to Mayfield Road to Albion Vaughan Road
- Westbound – Albion Vaughan Road to Mayfield Drive to Coleraine Drive
Coleraine Drive south of Mayfield Road is still restricted to trucks.
At the King Street and Queen Street intersection in downtown Bolton, turning trucks often went over boulevards and sidewalks, due to a shortage of space, creating safety concerns for pedestrians. As a result of this a restriction prohibiting trucks from turning at the intersection was implemented.
The turn restrictions will remain in place to prevent local delivery vehicles (local deliveries and collections trucks are not permitted to turn at the intersection but are exempt from heavy truck restrictions if the location cannot be reached by any other road and provided that the route taken is the shortest possible to and from the location on the truck restricted route) from turning at King Street and Queen Street.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org