A-Z List | Accessible Info | Careers | Contact Us

Images from Peel Region
Public Works on Twitter
Google Translate Feedback
Was this translation useful?
Yes No
Comments on translation:

Thank you for your feedback!
Public Works Transportation For Business Development Applications

Development Applications

If you don't reside on a Regional road and want to apply for a new or relocated access, please contact your local municipality (i.e. City of Brampton, City of Mississauga or Town of Caledon).

Adding or changing a driveway?

If you live on a Regional road and want to add a driveway (access) or change your driveway (access), you must follow the Driveway / Access Request Procedures for Farms and/or Single Family Dwellings Abutting Regional Roads.

If your development application is situated along a Regional road and you want to add an access/driveway or modify an access/driveway, you must follow the Driveway / Access Request Procedures for Development Applications Regulated by the Planning Act.

Accesses/driveways on Regional roads are subject to approval under the Controlled Access By-law. More detailed design and spacing criteria for accesses/driveways on Regional Roads is available in the Section III of the Road Characterization Study.

If your development application is situated along a Regional road and you want to relocate your existing access/driveway for improved safety, the procedure is the same as applying for a new access/driveway.

  • Read the request documents and forms thoroughly.
  • Be sure to complete all of the forms required to submit your development application.

Additional Requirements

Required Forms for both residential and industrial/commercial access/driveway requests include:

Development Fees

Info Fees
Site Plan Review/Development
Applications/Engineering & Inspection Fees**
Fee per cost of work
7% or minimum charge of $1,724.40
Access/Servicing Compliance Letters
Fee per letter**
Temporary Access fee
Fee per permit

** Info
* HST is not applicable

Payment must be received prior to preparation of information. Payment can be made in person using Visa, Master Card, or cheque made payable to "Region of Peel."

For more information, please contact:


The Regional Municipality of Peel
Public Works Department
Traffic Engineering/Transportation Division
10 Peel Centre Dr., Suite B, 4th Floor
Brampton, ON. L6T 4B9
Tel: 905-791-7800
Toll Free: 1-888-919-7800
Fax: 905-791-1442
Email questions and comments

Revised: Wednesday April 19 2017


Home | Contact Us | Search | A-Z Topic List
Privacy & Terms of Use | Service Commitment

Smaller Text Larger Text