Highway 50 phase 2 road improvements
300m South of Old Church Road to 300m South of Highway 9. Project 18-4155/18-4645
From Old Church Road to Patterson Sideroad
From Monday, June 25, 2018 to Friday July 6, 2018 24-hour operations.
What we are doing
Improving Highway 50 in Palgrave Village, including road resurfacing, bridge rehabilitations, drainage and boulevard improvements, providing on-street parking, decorative street lighting, streetscaping enhancements and landscaping. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Temporary road staging;
- Replacement of existing storm sewer and roadway/driveway culverts;
- Excavation and grading;
- Full depth asphalt removal;
- Hot mix asphalt paving, including wider paved shoulders in rural areas;
- Improved pavement markings;
- Traffic calming measures;
- Placement of new curbs and sidewalks;
- Decorative coloured pattern concrete splash pads;
- Architectural street lighting;
- New traffic signals at Highway 50 and Patterson Side Road/Gibson Lake Drive;
- Rehabilitation of four structures;
- Improvements to guide rails;
- Residential driveway repairs within the Regional right-of-way;
- Public Notice (PDF)
- Highway 50 from 300m South of Old Church Road to 300m South of Highway 9. View area map (PDF)
- Start: May 7, 2018
- Finish: December 2019, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Fermar Paving Limited
Under contract to the Region of Peel.
|Mubashar Tahir||Project Manager||647-462-5876|
|Joe Medaglia||Site Supervisor||289-879-1782|
|Region of Peel|
|Serguei Kabanov||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 8754|
|Marc Vaccari||Site Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
- Outside Palgrave Village, the Contractor's normal day working hours, are from 7:00a.m. to 6:00p.m, from Monday to Friday.
- Within Palgrave Village, the Contractor's normal day working hours are from 9:00a.m. to 3:30p.m, from Monday to Friday.
- Some work, outside Palgrave Village, may occur overnight, from 8:00p.m. to 6:00a.m, from Monday to Friday.
- The Contractor is also permitted to work on Saturdays, if they choose to, from 6:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- Temporary lane closures will be required for the duration of the Contract.
- All intersections will remain open but temporary lanes closures will be necessary.
- Ontario Provincial Police will be present during major milling and paving operations and when working near the intersections to direct traffic.
- Emergency services will be notified of the road closure.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway accesses will be maintained.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.
- All businesses in Palgrave Village will be open.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please call the Project Manager or Inspector if you have any special needs.