Cheltenham Badlands Off-Street Parking Lot/ Pedestrian Walkway/ On-Street Accessible Parking
Olde Base Line Road Hot Mix Asphalt Resurfacing. Project 14-4007/17-4135/17-4685
Construction of off-street parking lot/pedestrian walkway/on-street parking to improve public safety, conservation, accessibility and visitor experience in addition to roadway performance in partnership with Ontario Heritage Trust and Bruce Trail Conservancy. View area map (PDF).
Start: On or about April 3, 2017
Finish: End of July 2017, weather permitting
The road works will be performed by Pacific Paving Limited. The contact names and telephone numbers are listed below:
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Serguei Kabanov||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 8754|
|Marc Vaccari||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246/47|
|Pacific Paving Ltd.
under contract to the Region of Peel
|Nick Giglio||Project Manager||905-339-6649|
- The works will be staged to minimize disruption to traffic and residents. Some major work may be undertaken at night time.
- To expedite the work and to facilitate construction in the vicinity of the Badlands feature, both eastbound and westbound traffic will be reduced to a single lane (one direction). We anticipate utilizing temporary traffic signals to ensure safe and continuous flow of traffic through the zone.
- Construction activities are expected at Creditview Road and Olde Base Line Road Intersection. Temporary lane closures are necessary to complete the works.
- Ontario Provincial Police will be present during initial lane closures, milling and paving operations and at intersection to direct traffic safely.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The Region of Peel is committed to keeping you informed and ensuring that the works are carried out with minimum disruption to your homes and businesses. If there are any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule, you will be provided with project updates. We also encourage you to notify the appropriate contact person to advise them of any problems or particular needs. We thank you in advance for you cooperation.