Winston Churchill Boulevard reconstruction
1200m South of Ballinafad Road to Olde Base Line Road,town of Caledon, County of Wellington and town of Halton Hills. Projects 09-4050 and 14-4045
What we are doing
- Reconstruction of Winston Churchill Boulevard to improve roadway. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Removal of existing gravel and asphalt road surface;
- Earth works excavation;
- Hot mix paving;
- Removal and replacement of drainage culverts;
- Installation of dry culverts;
- Installation of retaining walls;
- Placement of pavement markings;
- Restoration; and
- Minor related works.
- Winston Churchill Boulevard from 1200m South of Ballinafad Road to Olde Base Line Road. View area map (PDF).
- Start: Phase 1 (Olde Base Line Road to approx. 700m southerly) – May 2018.
Phase 2 (approx. 700m south of Olde Base Line Road to 1200m south of
Ballinafad Road) – September 2018, minor culvert/storm works – May 2018.
- Finish: Late Fall 2019, weather permitting.
Who you can call
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|Solmaz Zia||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 7845|
|Harry Flynn||Construction Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
|Esposito Bros Construction Ltd.
Under contract to the Region of Peel
|Sunny Syan||Project Manager||416-688-0947|
|Mark McPhee||Contract Administrator||519-938-3046|
|David Argue||Project Manager||905-821-5895|
|Halton Region Liaison|
|Martin Larkin||Project Manager||905-825-6000 Ext. 7614|
- The Contractor’s normal working hours are from 7:00AM to 7:00PM, Monday to Friday. The Contractor is permitted to work on Saturdays if they choose to.
- These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
- The works will be phased so as to minimize disruption to traffic while still maintaining a safe working environment as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Existing local traffic flows will be maintained during construction, but the road will be closed to through traffic during various stages of the project. Local traffic may experience either temporary lane closures (flag persons will assist through the work area) or will need to approach from an alternative direction. Advance notification will be provided to local traffic prior to re-routing.
- Access to local residents will be maintained at all times during construction.
- Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
- Barriers and signs will be placed for safety and direction, as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We anticipate that driveway access will be maintained in so far as possible.
- If we need to block your driveway for a short time you will be contacted to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If your driveway is blocked, you may choose to park on a side street for a short time.
- The Region of Peel will keep you informed of any substantial changes in the project scope or schedule.
- We are committed to ensuring minimum disruption to your homes and businesses.
- Please contact the Region’s project manager or inspector if you have any special needs.