Alloa Reservoir and Pumping Station
What are we doing?
- Building a new water pumping station with a 35 megalitre buried reservoir and a bulk water filling station
- To supply safe drinking water supply to the local areas and promote development in the Region of Peel
- Work started in December 2015 with site grading and fence construction.
- The project should be completed before October 2017. All work is under warranty for two years from the completion date.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel|
|Contact Person||Responsibilities||Telephone Number|
|William Turner||Project Manager||905-791-7800, ext. 7837|
|Carman Plester||Inspector||905-791-7800, ext. 3246|
|Romag Contracting Ltd.
Romag Contracting Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Peter Bradley||Project Manager||416-254-6159|
|Nazih Fityani||Site Superintendent||647-231-0042|
- Our contractor's normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. These hours are consistent with the local municipality's bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but a shorter working day would mean the project would take longer to complete.
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- We do not foresee the need to block your driveway. However if a need arises that will cause a temporary blockage of your drive, we will contact you beforehand to arrange for the best time and for alternate access. If you need immediate access to your driveway, the contractor will have road plates available to quickly allow access in and out of your driveway.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Interrupting Your Water Supply
- It is very unlikely that we will have to interrupt your water supply. If we have to shut off your water because of an emergency, we will do everything we can to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- You may feel slight vibrations from the construction work and occasionally see dust coming from the construction site. We will do our best to keep both to a minimum.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any concerns or special needs.