Preventing Homelessness in Peel Program (PHIPP)
The Preventing Homelessness in Peel Program (PHIPP) initiative is managed and administered by Community Programs Unit.
Intend to continue living in
- Are under threat of eviction, or are currently homeless or residing in a temporary shelter
- Have exhausted all options for financial and housing supports, including friends and family
- Are not eligible for assistance under the Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Programs
- Are not eligible to receive more appropriate assistance from any other agency
- Do not require PHIPP services as a result of a labour dispute
Ontario Works completes a needs test for all PHIPP applicants, therefore, an application for Ontario Works must be completed before a referral to PHIPP is made.