Members of the Public Wishing to Serve as Non-Elected Members on The Region of Peel Audit and Risk Committee
The Regional Municipality of Peel is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving as a volunteer on the Audit and Risk Committee. Up to two members of the public with expertise in the areas of finance and/or information technology will be selected. The term of appointment will be for a period of 24 months.
The objective of the Audit and Risk Committee is to assist Regional Council and associated boards and agencies in the discharge of their governance, accountability and controllership responsibilities by advising that risks are being appropriately addressed through strong governance, a risk/control and compliance framework, appropriate stewardship, and an effective internal audit activity.
This includes reviewing and advising on:
- The integrity, quality and transparency of the Region's financial, management and operational information.
- The effectiveness of the financial and management reporting processes.
- The effectiveness of risk management and control processes and practices.
- The performance of the internal audit activity and assessing the effectiveness of the external audit function.
- Ethical business conduct and compliance with the Region of Peel's Employee Code of Conduct.
An applicant from the community must:
- Be a Peel resident or the owner or tenant of land in Peel region.
- Have a professional accounting and / or information technology designation(s) with a minimum of 10 years' experience.
- Be independent of the internal or external auditors of the Region of Peel or the internal or external auditors of a municipality within Peel region.
An applicant from the community cannot be:
- An elected official of Regional Council or of the Council of a municipality in Peel region.
- An employee of the Region of Peel or of a municipality in Peel region.
- A current vendor or an individual who has any other business interest with the Region of Peel or of a municipality within Peel region.
- Financial expertise, including in accounting or auditing, with an understanding of financial statements.
- An understanding of risk and financial controls.
- Information technology expertise or background in information management and information security.
- Experience in adhering to codes or standards of their profession.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Experience working on a committee, task force or similar setting.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in serving in this capacity will be required to complete an application form outlining their qualifications and experience. Download the Audit and Risk Committee Non-elected Member Application form, or pick it up in-person.
Applicants may contact the Office of the Regional Clerk by email at email@example.com or by phone at 905-791-7800, ext. 4330, to obtain the required application form.
Applicants should also include a cover letter explaining why they are interested in serving on the Region of Peel's Audit and Risk Committee and the value they would bring to the Committee.
Applicants can submit their application form, cover letter, and resume, if desired, by email, mail, fax or in person to:
Kathryn Lockyer, Regional Clerk
Region of Peel
10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite A, 5th Fl.
Brampton ON L6T 4B9
Application deadline is Thursday, October 4, 2018, by 4:30 p.m.