BRAMPTON, ON (May 4, 2017) With the expected heavy rainfall in the GTA including Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga over the next several days, it is important that residents, businesses and the community remain safe during this significant weather event.
For safety and to reduce potential damage, the following measures are recommended:
- Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas
- Stay away from creeks, rivers and streams
- Clear debris from catch basins near your home or business, as long as it is safe to do so
- Call your local municipality at 311 (in Caledon call 905-584-2272, ext.4238) to report blocked catch basins or road flooding in your neighbourhood
- Do not open any sewer manholes under any circumstances
“In the unlikely event that a resident or businesses experience flooding inside their property they should call the Region at 905-791-7800, says Anthony Parente, Director of Wastewater.” Our crews are also ready to respond to issues in anticipation of flooding and/or sewer backups,” he added.
Regional departments and programs will continue to monitor the situation.
For information about flooding please visit peelregion.ca/flooding. For updates please follow the Region on Twitter @regionofpeel
About the Region of Peel
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected community for life for more than 1.4 million people and approximately 143,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel’s services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter at @regionofpeel.