Meet Our Care Team
Our staff members offer a variety of distinct job skills and experiences.
Working together with service providers from the community, our team of qualified professionals create a nurturing, caring environment for our residents and Adult Day participants.
General health and well-being
- Nursing attendants
- Food service workers
- Activation staff
- Social workers
- Physiotherapists and rehabilitation professionals
- Speciality healthcare providers
- Director of Care
- Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses
- Attending physicians and Medical Director
Operations and maintenance
Nursing attendants help residents with activities of daily living throughout the day.
Specifically, nursing attendants:
- Help residents with personal hygiene needs such as washing, bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Accompany residents to the dining room and to various activities.
- Help feed residents at meal times.
- Record information about a resident’s well-being and status during the day and report any changes to registered nursing staff.
Dietary aides and cooks
Dietary aides not only set tables, show meal choices and serve meals to residents, but also ensure that residents have a pleasant dining experience.
The Dietary Service team knows each resident’s dietary needs and preferences, such as food textures, food intolerances, allergies and likes and dislikes.
Exercise in the morning, baking or bingo in the afternoon, a movie after dinner – our activation staff makes it all happen!
Our activation therapists develop and organize engaging, stimulating programs that keep residents busy and energetic during the day. A calendar of activities is posted in advance and shared with families, who are always welcome to join in.
- Work with residents and their families to support our residents’ social and emotional well-being and enhance their care.
- Give individual counselling to residents and families, promote holistic approaches to care and advocate on our residents’ behalf.
Physiotherapists and rehabilitation professionals
Physiotherapists assess our residents’ abilities and design exercise programs to help increase and maintain their strength and co-ordination.
Each home has a designated physiotherapy room with a variety of rehabilitation and exercise equipment. Physiotherapy can also take place in a resident’s room.
Specialty healthcare providers
Specialists from the community visit our homes to provide foot care, dental care and audiology, optometry, x-ray and laboratory services. The level of these services — and how often they’re provided — depends on the individual needs of residents.
Our homes offer a range of multi-faith, spiritual and personal services through our chaplain, local clergy and faith group representatives. Each of our homes features a room specifically designed for spiritual activities.
Director of Care
Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs)
Our Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses play an important leadership role in the care of our residents. They help deliver the highest standard of care to every person every day.
Our registered staff use their precise knowledge of each resident’s abilities and needs to create an individualized plan of care.
Both RNs and RPNs work closely with attending physicians and the Medical Director of each home, updating them regularly on changes in each resident’s health.
Registered staff are skilled in a variety of treatment and support strategies such as:
- Carrying out nursing assessments.
- Taking blood pressure.
- Giving medication.
- Monitoring residents on oxygen.
- Making sure residents get their appropriate meals.
- Talking to residents about specific health conditions and health-related topics.
Attending physicians and Medical Director
Our business office team are always available to help residents, families and visitors. For example, if a resident needs money from an account or has a question about taxes, the business office is the place to go.
Operations and maintenance
Housekeeping and laundry
Our housekeeping and laundry staff keep things clean and organized in our homes.
Our housekeeping teams clean residents’ rooms and other common areas.
Maintenance team members fix things around the home, move furniture and TVs in our residents’ rooms and help residents move into their new space. They also help make the interior and the outdoors look their best at all times.