Construction Training and Careers for Youth
Hammer Heads is a 12 week boot camp style skills and employment program for youth aged 18-26. It begins in May.
No experience is required. If you're willing to learn, be mentored and work in any construction trade, we can help you find paid employment and register with a union.
For more information, visit the Hammer Heads website.
Hammer Heads can help you with:
- Pre-employment and safety training
- Hands-on training in multiple construction trades
- Union registration
- Help with transportation and clothing
- Paid employment placement in the construction industry with competitive wages
Step 1: Check your eligibility
To be eligible, you must:
- Be aged 18-26 years old
- Have a minimum grade 10 education
- Be legally able to work in Canada with a valid SIN and OHIP card
- Have an interest in working in any skilled construction trade
- Be able to participate from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Be able to attend academic upgrading, two evenings per week
- Be able to work indoors and outdoors in varied temperatures
- Have no outstanding court dates
- Have childcare arranged (if required)
Step 2: Apply
If you are receiving Ontario Works, contact your caseworker or Employment Service Worker to apply.
If you are not receiving Ontario Works, contact us to apply:
- 905-793-9200 ext. 7156