[PDF 1.355KB, 111 Pages]
This manual provides educational materials on infection prevention and control for homeless shelters.
The Take Charge manual includes:
- Information on “routine practices” – universally recognized strategies to prevent and control infections
- Guidelines for safe food handling
- Outbreak management resources, including checklists
- Guidelines for environmental safety and workplace health
- Information on specific infectious diseases, including a chapter on tuberculosis (TB)
- Links to fact sheets and posters that may be printed out and posted, or handed out to clients/residents
The manual contains seven specific sections, which can be downloaded separately, or the entire manual can also be downloaded.
This manual may be accessed by selecting the sections from the menu on the right.
The Take Charge manual will be updated as new infection prevention and control information and guidelines become available.
PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE
If you are interested in reproducing any parts of the Guide for your own use, please contact Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.