- Collection of Personal Health Information
- Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
- Your Choices
- How do I formally request access to or a correction of my personal health information?
- Important Information
- How to Contact Us
Collection of Personal Health Information
We collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits and other interactions with Peel Public Health, and the care that you received during those visits/interactions.
Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources where we have obtained your consent to do so or where the law permits.
- Treat and care for you;
- Get payment for your treatment and care;
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations;
- Conduct risk management and quality improvement activities;
- Conduct research;
- Compile statistics;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Fulfil other purposes permitted or required by law.
- Simply put your access or correction request in writing, ensuring to provide sufficient detail to enable staff to locate the records.
- Submit the written request to the staff person or program you believe has custody of your personal health information.
- A response should be received within 30 days unless a notice of extension is issued under PHIPA.
- Prior to disclosure of information, staff may ask to verify your identity (e.g. where your mailing address information is incomplete or outdated or where you wish to accress the record(s) in person and staff is not familiar with you).
|PHIPA Access to Request Fees:|
|Peel Public Health||An Administration fee of $30 may be charged for any request to access personal health information. After the first 20-pages, an additional fee of $0.23 (includes HST) for each page may be charged.|
- Additional fees may also be charged depending on the type of request to obtain health or financial information (microfilm, compact disc, encrypted USB Key, etc.). Requests must be made in writing.
- A fee may be waived if there is financial hardship.
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to or that are permitted or required by law.
PO Box 667 RPO Streetsville
Mississauga ON L5M 2C2
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. Contact information for the Commissioner can be found at the Information and Privacy Commissioner website: ipc.on.ca
The collection and use of personal health information is governed by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)