Links to municipal election plans, guides and policies.
Plans, guides, policies & manuals
- Election Procedure Manual (PDF) – updated May 22, 2018
The Regional Clerk's procedures and forms used to conduct the 2018 Municipal Election of Regional Chair.
- Use of Corporate Resources for Election Policy (PDF)
Lists the provisions that ensure Regional corporate resources are not used for election-related purposes.
- Peel Regional Council Code of Conduct (PDF)
Provides a basis for the Regional Chair and Members of Council to promote high standards of ethical conduct through a direct referral or recourse to public opinion.
- Region of Peel 2018 Municipal Elections Accessibility Plan (PDF)
How the Region will remove barriers and improve accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- Region of Peel 2018 Municipal Elections Accessibility Follow-up Report (PDF)
Provides an update on the 2018 Municipal Election process, including the identification, removal and prevention of barriers that affect electors and candidates with disabilities.
- Municipal Elections Act, 1996
Regulates the conduct of municipal and school board elections in Ontario and sets out roles for municipal clerks and councils
- Municipal Act, 2001
The main statute governing the creation, administration and government of Ontario's municipalities.
- Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, 1990
Prevents Members of Council from being involved in the decision-making process for matters in which they have a personal economic interest.