2-1-1 provides local community, social, health and government programs and services information.
What is 2-1-1 ?
- An integrated telephone and internet-based system providing callers with one-stop information and referrals to local community, social, health and government programs and services.
- An easy way to access comprehensive and specialized information and referrals to community programs and services.
- Assists individuals, families facing barriers due to language or personal circumstances, professionals in business, government and community agencies.
- A comprehensive, professionally maintained database of Peel community services and programs.
- Provides free, confidential, thorough translation services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in over 150 languages.
- You can search the 211 database by visiting www.211ontario.ca
Why do we need 2-1-1 ?
Many residents don’t know where to turn when they need information about services and programs that are available to them. 2-1-1 helps find the most appropriate services and programs and provides the caller with the best available resource(s) in their community. Simplified access through 2-1-1 is especially important for vulnerable people or those who face barriers in accessing services.
Who might call 2-1-1 ?
- An individual looking for legal assistance.
- A newcomer to Canada looking for available housing options.
- A family seeking counselling for mental health or addiction issues.
- A laid-off employee wanting to know about available employment programs.
- A caregiver for an elderly parent feeling overwhelmed and needing support.
- A concerned relative or friend of a senior looking for available home support services.
How is 2-1-1 different from 3-1-1 , 4-1-1 and 9-1-1 ?
- 2-1-1 is for non-emergency calls for information and/or referral to community, health and social services
- 3-1-1 is for non-emergency calls for direct access to government services (Regional and Local municipal governments).
- 4-1-1 is for directory assistance from the local telephone company
- 9-1-1 is for life threatening emergencies or crimes in progress
[ Top ]