Reduced Child Care Fees in 2018 Now Extended to March 31, 2019
Families with children aged 0-4 years old attending licensed child care centres in Peel will receive a fee reduction for fees paid up to March 31, 2019.
If you are eligible, your child care provider will reduce their fees for full-fee families of children from birth to age four by:
- $12.00 per day for full-day care (6 hours or more per day)
- $ 6.00 per day for part-day care (fewer than 6 hours per day)
You don’t need to apply for this reduction.
Check Your Eligibility
You may be eligible for a fee reduction if:
- Your child is aged 0-4 (including infants, toddlers or preschoolers not yet eligible to attend kindergarten)
- Your child attends a licensed child care centre in Peel
- The daily child care fee you're currently paying is higher than the reduced fee
If you meet these criteria and you pay the full cost of your child care, you are eligible.
As of September 1, 2018, children born in 2014 do not qualify for this reduction as they are eligible to attend a publically funded kindergarten program.
Fees for children age 5 and older are not changing. Fees for children who are old enough to attend kindergarten will not be reduced, even if they are presently in child care.
This fee reduction is available through participating licensed child care centres that have an agreement with the Region of Peel.
Speak with your child care provider if you have questions about your fees or eligibility.