Reduced child care fees for 2019
Families with children 4 years and under attending licensed child care centres in Peel will continue to receive a reduced fee in 2019.
This means that your licensed child care provider will reduce its fees by:
- $12 a day for full-day care (6 hours or more a day)
- $6 a day for part-day care (less than 6 hours a day)
Check your eligibility
You may be eligible for a reduced fee if:
- your child is 4 and under.
- your child attends a licensed child care centre in Peel.
If you meet these criteria and you pay the full cost of your child care, you are eligible.
You do not need to apply for this reduced fee.
You will not receive a reduced fee if your child is old enough to attend kindergarten. This means:
- From January to August 2019, children born after January 1, 2015 will receive a reduced fee.
- As of September 2019, children born after January 1, 2016 will receive a reduced fee.
This reduced fee is only available through licensed child care centres that have an agreement with the Region of Peel.
The Region is working on a plan to reduce fees for children attending licensed home-based child care. Details will be available in the fall of 2019.
This funding may not be available in 2020. This program is reviewed each year, based on funding from the Ontario government. There will be a further update on this in the fall of 2019.
Speak with your child care provider if you have questions about your fees or eligibility.