Reduced child care fees for spring 2019
Families with children from 0 to 4 years old attending licensed child care centres in Peel will continue to receive a reduced fee.
This means that your licensed child care provider will reduce its fees by:
- $12 a day for full-day care (6 hours or more a day)
- $6 a day for part-day care (less than 6 hours a day)
You will receive an update if the Government of Ontario makes any changes to this funding.
Check your eligibility
You may be eligible for a reduced fee if:
- your child is 0 to 4 years old
- your child attends a licensed child care centre in Peel
If you meet these criteria and you pay the full cost of your child care, you are eligible.
You do not need to apply for this reduced fee.
- You will not receive a reduced fee if your child is old enough to attend kindergarten (born before January 2015).
- This reduced fee is only available through licensed child care centres that have an agreement with the Region of Peel.
- The child care fee reduction program of $6 a day for licensed home child care ended December 31, 2018. When the Government of Ontario provides information on 2019 funding, we will provide an update on this program.
Speak with your child care provider if you have questions about your fees or eligibility.