Find support, programs, and services
We offer support for parents and caregivers, as well as families who have children with special needs.
Support for parents and caregivers
EarlyON Child and Family Centres offer free drop-in programs for caregivers and children from 0 to 6 years old. You can learn and play with your child, meet people and get advice.
- Find an EarlyON child and family centre (English)
- Trouver un centre pour l'enfant et la famille ON y va (Français)
Support for children with special needs
Children with cognitive, physical, social, emotional or communicative needs, often benefit from additional support.
We partner with special needs resourcing programs and licensed child care providers to offer Peel Inclusion Resource Services (PIRS). This support is for children who attend licensed child care programs in Peel.
PIRS resource consultants work with your family and licensed child care provider to support your child to have a positive child care experience.
Resource consultants will:
- Create a plan with you and the licensed child care provider that focuses on your child’s strengths and area of development.
- Share ideas and strategies to use in child care and your home.
- Support your child’s transition from child care to school.
- Work with licensed child care providers to support inclusive experiences for all children.
How to get started
There are a few ways you can be referred to PIRS.
- Talk to your child care provider so they can connect you to the resource consultant.
- Call PIRS Intake at 905-791-7800 ext. 7627.
- Ask your doctor to start the process for you.
PIRS is a partnership of the following special needs resourcing programs: Brampton Caledon Community Living, Community Living Mississauga, ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development, Peel Children’s Centre, Surrey Place and Region of Peel.
- You can apply for a child care subsidy to help pay for the cost of child care.
- If you are looking for licensed child care contact Child Care Info Peel through Child Development Resource Connection Peel or call 905-890-9432 for Mississauga and Brampton residents, Caledon residents 1-888-836-5550.
Every baby and parent are different. Knowing what works for each of you is important.
If you have a child 0 to 3 years of age and you are:
- Feeling sad, worried or alone.
- Finding it difficult to identify what your child needs.
- Adopting or fostering an infant or toddler.
We can help you learn more about your baby's needs and how to connect with them. View our information pamphlet:
- Peel Infant-Parent Program (PIPP) – (English) (PDF)
- Programme Enfant-Parent de Peel (PEPP) – (Français) (PDF)
Call 905-791-7800 ext. 7627, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PIPP is a partnership with the Region and Peel Children’s Centre, a children’s mental health agency.
Parenting tip sheets
Being a parent is a rewarding and important role. It can also be challenging at times. These parent tip sheets cover a several topics relevant to families with children aged 0-6 years and provide tips and strategies to use in your everyday life.