Peel is Planning for 500,000 New Residents & 250,000 New Jobs by 2041
Learn more at our open houses
The Region of Peel is growing and the kind of community we are planning for is changing, too. By 2041, we expect to have more “complete” communities where residents can live, work, play, shop and get around in different ways: a community for life.
By 2041, Peel will grow to accommodate nearly 2 million residents and 1 million jobs:
We’re planning for that growth by working with our:
- local municipalities to help them meet their communities’ planning objectives, and
- community partners to receive input on where we are going to grow and how people are going to get around.
We’re also making it a priority to protect our environment and agricultural resources as we grow.
Learn more about our plans
Plan to attend one of our open houses or our public meeting to learn more about the Region’s long-term plans for land use, transportation and water and wastewater. The meetings will feature updates on our:
- Draft Growth Management Regional Official Plan Amendment
- Draft Transportation Regional Official Plan Amendment
- Water and Wastewater Master Plan
- Long Range Transportation Plan
|Mississauga Open House||Caledon Open House||Brampton Open House|
Monday, February 12
Tues., February 13
Thurs., February 15
For more information: