Find-Buy-Eat Local. Find Out What’s in Season
Enjoy Family Fun While Picking Berries.
Are you planning a local family outing this summer? Do you know what fresh fruit and vegetables you can pick or buy while exploring Peel - or what activities you can also enjoy?
Strawberries, raspberries and cherries are in season - and Peel's farms, retailers and farmers' markets in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga have fun activities happening all season long.
You can enjoy time outdoors with your family and friends while also buying - or picking - to eat local.
Discover Where to Go
Check our Grown in Peel guide to find out:
- seasonal availability: which of the 50 fruit and vegetables Peel offers are in season
- locations: the 35 farmers, farm retailers and farmers' markets that supply them
- an easy-to-read map: also available online
- activities: what each location offers for your family to enjoy.
You can take your family to a farm animal petting zoo, wagon ride or picnic or play area - or enjoy programs and tours - offered by many farmers and farmers' markets.
You can find our Grown in Peel guide:
- online by visiting grownInpeel.ca
- free of charge at Peel libraries and municipal buildings and most participating farmers, farm retailers and farmers' markets.
Check our guide to plan your family outing. Enjoy all the fun and food that Peel offers!