2016 Census data on population and dwelling counts now available
Statistics Canada has begun releasing the results from the 2016 Census.
Key highlights include:
- Peel's population is 1,381,739 (excluding undercount, which refers to the number of Canadian residents not recorded in the Statistics Canada Census)
- Peel has the 5th largest population in Canada
- 1 in 10 Ontario residents live in Peel
- 47 people came to Peel each day
- Peel's 3.21 "persons per occupied dwelling unit" is highest in the GTA
Our 2016 Census Bulletin on Population and Dwellings (PDF) is now available and contains key highlights.
The Peel Data Centre produces infographic bulletins to help you understand how Census data is being used to support Peel's Strategic Plan vision of creating a Community for Life.
Throughout 2017, the Peel Data Centre will release eight additional infographic bulletins on many interesting topics such as: Income, Immigration and Ethnic Diversity and Housing. Stay tuned as we continue to release these bulletins.
The Peel Data Centre provides residents and organizations with access to insightful data products and a wide range of tabular and spatial data focusing on Peel and the GTA. You can also find open data and maps that may be of interest for your projects.
For more information about the 2016 Census, visit www.census.gc.ca.